I am always looking for excellent research hackers who have a strong passion in Computer Vision and its real-world applications -- we don't make toys
. A first class BSc, a distinction MSc, or a paper published in a major computer vision conference/journal is a big plus. You may also check the UEA PGR General Entry Requirement
for PGR studies (e.g. English language skills). The applicant may attach your CV, transcripts, and maybe your coding profile (e.g. GitHub) in the initial email enquiry.
- Fully Funded Studentships:
- Illumination-Robust Neural Networks for Computer Vision (Open, Deadline: 30/01/2020)
International applicants receive the same stipend (for 3 years) but are required to pay for the difference between UK/EU and overseas tuition fees (for 3 years and subject to an annual increase). And, a deposit of ~£2,000 may be requested before your UK visa application.
- EPSRC Agri-Food Robotics Studentships (Open, MSc + PhD combined)
In the application form, you may list me as your potential lead supervisor. I'm interested in fruit colour processing/recognition and plant visual recognition and would support one student for the 2020 entry. Note that overseas applicants are NOT eligible.
- China Scholarship Council (CSC) PhD Studentship (Open, Deadline: 24/01/2020, UEA Sponsored)
The applicants are required to draft their research proposals (or refer to the below self-funded projects). These are offered on a first-come-first-served basis. I only support ONE applicant in each year.
- Self-Funded PhD Projects (also suitable for any other third-party funding)
I am also interested to discuss the other projects relevent to computer vision, medical image analysis, and image processing.
- Deep learning for image colour transfer (Open, Deadline: 31/05/2020)
- Deep neural network for photographing in the dark (Open, Deadline: 31/05/2020)
- Other Funding Sources: PGR Scholarships | International PhD Scholarships by Country | Other International Scholarships
Visitors If you have a fellowship/funding paying your own salary/maintenance, then we may have room for visiting scientists.